Submit a ticket My Tickets

How to Request to Legalize Inward Bills for Collection (IBC Documents)? Print

To initiate a request to legalize IBC documents, follow these steps:

Step 1: Click on "Trade Services" >> "Export Collection"  >> "Message to Bank" >> "From Existing IC"

  • Click on "Search" and select the "System ID" required

Step 2: Submit the settlement instructions for IBC to legalize and release documents

  • Select Message Type as Request for Settlement
  • Under Settlement Instructions, Select Accept from the "Disposal Instructions" in the drop-down menu
  • Fill out all the required information and use Add a File if required
  • Under Free Format Message in Customer Instructions, Write "Documents to be Legalized"
  • Click "Submit" 

Note: if the Bill of Exchange or Draft is mentioned on the document arrival advice, then the original draft must be collected, and the signed draft must be submitted to the branch.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.