What are Bulk Payments?
A Bulk Payment is a payment created from a bulk list. It's a payment to multiple beneficiaries from a single debit account. It will show as multiple debits on your bank statement. You can make a bulk payment for Online Remittances and Online Bill Payments.
You can follow the steps below to upload a Bulk Payment File for Bill Payments.
Log in from the User Token.
Step 1: Click on the Transact Tab on the top Menu
- Click on Transact >> Bulk File Upload option on the left side menu
Step 2: To get the Outstanding Amount for your Registered Utility Payment Billers, follow the steps below:
- Select Bulk Identifier as BULKBILLPAYBENE
- Upload the Bulk Bill Payment Beneficiary file with the same details used to register earlier
- Click GET DUE
- A new page will pop up, which will reflect the outstanding balance for each Biller
- Click Download to get the Bill Payment File
- Sample Bill Payment File is shown below
- Enter the Debit Account Number details and save the file
- Outstanding Balance should not be modified as the system does not accept partial outstanding amount settlement
Step 3: To upload the actual Bill Payment File, follow the steps below:
- Select Bulk Identifier as BULKBILLPAY
- Upload the Bulk Bill Payment File generated earlier
- Click Upload
Step 4: Screen will display the Summary of the Bulk Upload
- Click on the File Reference Number to check if the system has successfully verified the file
Step 5: The file status should be "Pre-Processed" for Maker-Checker Workflow and "Authorized" for Auto-Authorized Workflow.
- The Different file statuses are as follows:
- Received - File Received by Bank and Under Verification
- Error - File Validation Failed
- Pre Processed - File Verified and Pending for Authorization
- Authorized - File is Fully Authorized
- Response Generation - Reverse File (Transaction Status File) generation
- Completed - Executed/Rejected
- Rejected By Authorizer - File Rejected by Authorizer
- If the file status is showing as Error, the file has to be revised and re-uploaded until you get the pre-processed/authorized status
To know the error in the uploaded file, proceed with the steps below:
- Click on the File Name
- The system will display a new screen with the history of the file. Click on View Error
- A file will be downloaded. Open the file in the notepad to view the details of the error. (Please ensure pop-up blocker is off)