To check the status of a Letter of Credit (LC) Amendment Request, follow these steps:
Step 1: To locate the Letter of Credit (LC) Application Form on iTrade
- Click on Trade Services >> Import Letter of Credit >> Pending LCs
Step 2: Listed status types
- New - the request is under process with the bank, and the status will be updated accordingly
- Message (correspondence) - a clarification has been sent to your company to check and revert (follow over to step 3)
- if the status of LC does not show here, that means LC has been processed, and advice will be available under "LC Inquiry"
Step 3: Reviewing Message (correspondence) if requested from your company by the bank
- Click the left button of System ID with the status type Message (correspondence) of the particular LC application to know the query
- Required information from your company will be reflected as seen below.
Step 4: Replying to the message (correspondence) to the bank if any info is requested from your company
- Click on "Bills & Correspondences"
- Click on "Correspondences- Existing LC"
- Click on " Search"
- Click on " System ID," then choose the correct system ID to be responded
- Click on "Message type" then "correspondence"
- Click on "Free Format Message"
- Provide all requested information using "Add a file" to attach any files if required
- Click on "Submit" once the request is processed then LC and debit advice will be available under "LC Inquiry"